We are pleased to be involved with helping the Downtown Menomonee Falls BID organize a full-scale mural corridor for their town this summer! As a big part of that effort, in order to honor and recognize local artists, the BID (Business Improvement District) would like to issue this invitation to all artists over the age of 18 living or working in Menomonee Falls.
Summary for Artists:
- Invitation is opentoany artist(s) over 18 years old, currently residing or working in Menomonee Falls.
- All submitting artists or groups must be able to create the mural on-site, during the summer of 2020. Due to COVID-19 safety concerns, each artist will schedule an installation week with the BID, not to coincide with the other mural installations.
- A jurying committee will review the submissions and select an artist (or group) based on artistic merit, originality of concept, relevance to the community, and overall fit with the other chosen mural designs.
- Artists are not required to submit a color rendering of the proposed mural, if they are able to supply a portfolio of representative work, with an adequate and clear description (in words) of the new mural. The jurying committee will select the artists whose representative artwork and described concept is deemed the most inspiring and relevant for our community, and only upon selection will the artist(s) be asked for a rough sketch for approval.
- Artists/groups may submit multiple proposals, as long as they understand they will only be selected for one possible design.
- If more than one artist is submitting as a group, then social distancing rules must be observed during installation, due to safety concerns associated with COVID-19.
- The Downtown Menomonee Falls BID reserves the right to change the wall locations if necessary. Artists will be notified if the wall arrangements change, and will be given an opportunity to adjust their designs accordingly.
- Artists will be allowed up to two weeks to complete the work, which will be created during summer of 2020, with some room for flexibility.
- Because of the COVID-19 crisis, the BID plans to photograph the installations and the artists frequently in order to safely share and promote the murals. Chosen artists must agree to have their likeness and their in-progress mural to be captured in still photos and video footage.
Summary for Menomonee Falls businesses and partners:
We are very excited to share some Village news with you! As you may have heard, the Downtown Menomonee Falls BID is launching a mural project this summer and we are grateful to help coordinate. It is going to be a great addition to the downtown area to build on the Falls community pride!
TODAY we are releasing an “Invitation to Artists” searching for local talent. We are asking that you share the “Invitation to Artists” with your followers and readers. Whether that be on your Facebook page, a newsletter or email list. Any possible way that you can help spread the news would be appreciated. Attached is a press release for your consideration.